Re: [AMC-list] Disc Brake Set Up Question...

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 6:48 PM, Todd Tomason <jayscore@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I checked Rock Auto for brake rotors for the 78 Matador, and they listed the
> same rotors as fitting 74-78.  Is that correct?  I though 74-76 were
> different than 77-78.

There are four Matadors; two and four doors, and wagons. They often
got different brakes in the same year and in different years. And what
with AMCs "top of the pile" practice and 40+ years of repair shop
work, the only way to know what's under there is via disassembly. (I
keep a spreadsheet of parts installed; it helps next time around, for
the next car or other people).

http://wps.com/AMC/Brakes/GBUB.html

I never finished that table (I got tired of buying TSMs and no one
sent me copies of the brake pages of the missing years), so it's ugly,
but the data that is there should be accurate and vettable (eg. the
color coding for data source). I don't have 78 data, but for 77, there
are two different rotors in use, both Bendix. 78 should be the same as
77. (famous last words...)