Re: [AMC-list] AMCRC event, and...now Maintenance

Re: [AMC-list] AMCRC event, and...now Maintenance

That is bad, and is the kind of stuff that could force legislation on
a fun hobby. I can understand if the owner simply doesn't know how to
tune his or her car, or tried to tune it and just don't have the skill
to do it properly (yet). And I'm guilty of fiddling with the screws on
the carb hoping to lean it a bit, but not too much - or fiddling with
the distributor hoping I'm getting the timing right. And wondering if
my fuel mileage is about where it should be, or if I could get better.

But if the owner doesn't know how, and isn't willing to open a TSM or
Chilton's or Hayes, or join a car club and ask for pointers, or check
an online group - then there is no excuse not to pay for service.