Re: [AMC-list] AMCRC event, and...

Looking forward to seeing the pics once you post them. That would be
great! And I think a basic "howto" guide of basic fixes and mods for
keeping the Ramblers running would be great! Don't know if it could be
an AMCRC thing, or something for Frank's newsletter, or an AMO thing,
or specific to your fixes. However it was written and presented - it
would be beneficial.

I started thinking again (I know, keep my thinking to work-related
network stuff) - and came to the completely untested and
unsubstantiated theory that there must be a good subsection of the
older car crowd that has no real training or knowledge in automotive
technology. Folks (like me) that saw an older car, grabbed it and
decided to drive it. Folks that want to work on it themselves, and
keep it running themselves. For this crowd (me included) - real basic
info and pictures in a book, magazine or newsletter would be a real
help.

Now - time for me to get off that horse. I'm sorry to hear about your
195.6. You put a lot of time, effort, thought and cash into it. My
heart would sink at that point. I hope you can salvage it, or at least
have another good block and enough components to get your car running
again without spending too much cash.

On a different subject - I had thought that the cars folks enter into
the 24 Hours of Lemons could be bought out from under them for $500
after the race. Kind of as a way to keep folks honest on that dollar
limit. I may have misread that. Perhaps that Indy motor would be best
to keep and power your own breadbox for terrorizing the locals?