--------------
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 09:17:50 -0700
From: Jim Blair<carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>

IFS on a 4x4 is a REAL PITA! Jeep tried it in the first year of FSJ production and wisely abandoned it. If you haul loads, the front tires change angle so radically that tire wear is accelerated. (ask anyone with a Ford how often the fronts need replacing vs the rear) Doing the front springs outboard the frame helps a LOT with the ride.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"