From: Matt Haas <mhaas@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 20:42:15
To: AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Favorite gas tank sealant?

This is basically what happened to Kermit's tank which is why it was
chemically stripped. It wasn't free (it was $110 I think) but since the
tank was in decent condition otherwise, well worth it. Also, besides
removing all of the rust and undercoating, this process also de-soldered
the fuel filler neck. If you do this with a tank that has the filler
neck coming out at a weird angle, it would be a good idea to scribe an
alignment mark before hand.

Matt

On 5/18/2010 8:38 PM, Frank Swygert spouted this sage advice:
<snip>
> DO NOT use the POR-15 kit. The kit says for up to a 20 gallon tank, but
> it's not quite enough. If you do use it MAKE SURE you have enough to
> cover the entire insides of the tank or it WILL come loose. That's the
> problem I had. If ANY fuel gets behind the liner it starts to come loose
> and you have a ruined tank. No way to remove it. Ruined a tank I had.
</snip>
--
mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH