From: "Matt Haas" <mhaas@xxxxxxx>
To: "AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2010 9:19 PM
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] saginaw power steering box

Did you hook the hoses up backwards on the steering gear? I just looked
at Kermit and the pressure hose is in the port nearest the front of the
car and the return in the port nearest the rag joint.

Matt

On 5/17/2010 2:17 PM, wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx spouted this sage advice:
> That sounds very "weird".
> I've had boxes shipped. Never and issue.
>    Did you try a gentle "nudge" with something to apply a bit of extra
pressure?
>    I'd like to think its just stuck against a stop.
>
>    If it breaks free and works ok. You may wish to forgo the costs of a
rebuild unit.

>    I intended to go that route, ended up with a 73 Hornet box and slight
reduction in P/S pressure by using a Wrangler hi/pres valve in my 4.0l's
pump. I love the combo and see no reason to change it!

--
mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH