Re: [AMC-list] so that's why I did this!!!

Re: [AMC-list] so that's why I did this!!!

Well I think the small Carters and Holleys these motors get are a bit
smaller in CFM than we've been assuming. I figured they were good for 200,
250 cfm but I bet it's closer to half that effectively. The bore is about
right, but the metering is primitive.

I realized some time ago that the other reason for multiple venturis is that
the range of velocities that a single venturi can decently handle is not
that broad. You can't expect such a thing to work from 50 cfm to 500 cfm or
whatever. Especially older ones are probably good over a very narrow range
of flows, probably right where we all know the seat of our pants tells us it
is, like Bruce's recent 50 mph neat highway cruise.