Re: [AMC-list] caspers rod is toast

Wow, what a bummer. That's an old revived motor, brought back from the dead,
right? That speaks more to your skill than to the original condition of the
thing, which was probably too far gone to revive (though you managed to
anyways). I was lucky too to get miles out of mine before the gasket let go,
and then I found all my bearings down deep into the copper.

You're right, they are silent up til death. Only once did I get it to
audibly knock when I was fooling around with timing.

Mark is right, mixing and matching rods is probably not a good idea unless
you have a gram scale. I'll hve  to look, but there was line a 200 gram
difference between some sets, and they had the exact same part and casting
numbers. (600 gram and 800 gram rods I think -- that's like 3 oz. out of a
pound heavier).

Sit on it for a week. None of my 195.6 ohv parts sold on ebay and they were
cheep! ANd I didn't get around to listing the rod sets. I'll hold off on
relisting that stuff (none of it spectacular, just decent used mundane
innards) and if you want em it's yours cheap cheap cheap if you decide to
tear down and rebuild.