Re: [AMC-list] Some Wisconsin folks into camping need to check this one

Re: [AMC-list] Some Wisconsin folks into camping need to check this one out!

I'm not sure. I know all the gadgets add weight - but I don't know if
plastic would be much heavier than canvas. I like canvas a lot - but
the ABS would be good in the rain. I know what you mean about tangles
- on my Apache Eagle one of the slides is a little bent - so it
requires two people to get it open and closed. I took the canvas off
last time - so need to practice setting it up and taking it down with
canvas on. Yep, we got tangled so I just undid everything and folded
the canvas up and put it on the floor of the camper.

But (shhhhh!) - I'm making a two-day escape with my oldest son on
Sunday and Monday. We're just bringing a tent. Much quicker to set up
and tear down. We're making a fast run to Wilmington NC to see a
battleship, then down to Patriot's Point then back to Atlanta.

But I owe a camping trip to my youngest son. It has to involve
beaches, water, mini-golf and maybe some freshly made ice cream. My
wife does not camp with us - so we could go with "The he man women
hater's club" as a sign for our campsite. (sorry about that - in
college a good friend and I would skip English class and go fishing in
the pond. We were the he man women hater's club after Spanky and Our
Gang - but we would tolerate women bearing sandwiches.