Re: [AMC-list] What type of trailer hitch for my '65 Rambler? Where do I

Re: [AMC-list] What type of trailer hitch for my '65 Rambler? Where do I get it?

I installed a hitch on my own 65 American. I also went with a light duty set-up and I welded up a receiver at a trailor hitch place. Using their rack it was easy to fab one up. I used the bumper as the rear anchor point and I came just under the tank. Front anchor point was along the frame rails. It took an hour and cost about a bill.
On the cheaper side you can still get those little hitches that bolt right to the bumper. I see them all the time. I would get a steel plate to go inback of the bumper as a reinforcement with angle iron to the bumper mount bolts, that bumper is pretty thin....Russ