From: "Jesse" <j2sax@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2010 9:16 PM
Subject: [AMC-list] Scrapping motors

well, finally decided it's time to start cutting down on the shop clutter
and you KNOW it's bad when you are moving shelves around and find a 360,
TH400 and QT/lo range that I had forgotten about! Came out of a 78 Chero...
too much stuff!

Anyway, I am stripping out the valuable stuff from the 360's adn 258's
except for a couple and scrapping them out. Can't believe it, but these
engines are just about worthless unless they are running. Haven't even sold
any at the last few AMC shows I took some to, so that about does it. Scrap
has shot back up and I need a new pad poured behind the shop.

Since aluminum has shot up, I am going to removing the timing covers (that I
can't guarantee are good) and pistons.

Is it worth keeping the 360 cranks and rods? I guess most of the reason the
full engines don't sell is the cost of shipping them. Additionally, these
days so many Jeep Folks especially are switching over to Chevy engines.

I am keeping all the 258 cranks and rods for strokers.

Have a great weekend and HAPPY EASTER!

Jesse
SW MO