Re: [AMC-list] Interesting JB weld test

> just like it will sit in the tank. At 48+ hours I twisted and to my
> surprise they immediately snapped and popped apart!

Took a little effort, but not nearly what I suspected!

Yeah, epoxy doesn't have that kind of strength. If it can bond to a rough
surface and the film is really thin, it grips well. The epoxy itself doesn't
have much strength, especially if you get it in a peel-away type force. It's
good at filling gaps because the ratio of grip area to 'frontal' area is
good and the forces are along the bond surface in shear.

> I will obviously be NOT using JB weld inside the tank.

Well this sounds crazy, but I can't think of a flaw off-hand -- use some
surplus hard disk supermagnets! Seriously. The baffle isn't under any real
stress, it just wants to not slide around in the tank, right? It iwll be
hammered sideways by sloshing gasoline, but if you can get it to resist a
good fist pounding that ought to be enough.

Zero heat, stress, chemical reaction, ...