Re: [AMC-list] wow, i found this add funny.

No need to be sorry, you can be entertained with anything you want! ;> I just thought you didn't know that IHC had used the later sixes (not the 196 as far as I know) in some of their smaller equipment. I missed the fact that it was a "192" or 196. Could have been a 199? IHC had a couple big fours though, a 152 and a 196. Could be he got those mixed up? Maybe with the six cylinder? Who knows! I can see it as entertaining now... The IHC fours were half their 304 and 392 V-8s... heavy little monsters! The 152 appeared in 1961, same year as the Pontiac 194.5 did (half a 389). Wonder who got the idea from who? Could be coincidental, but... Too bad AMC didn't take the hint! A 152/180/192 four (half 304/360/390) would have been good for the Gremlin, better than the 2.0L Audi engine by far! Block might have been a bit heavy, but then the block casting could have been redesigned -- didn't have to use half the V-8 casting. shared head, rods, pistons, bearings, timing set, oil pump, water pump (timing cover), distributor, etc. would have saved a LOT of money.
------------
Date: 31 Mar 2010 05:52:27 -0000
From: das24rules@xxxxxxxxx

ya, i had heard of the 232 being used in swathers. i think it was
international. but a 192? i assume it was 196, and i never heard of it in
anything but ramblers. i just didnt know the 196
was used in swathers, was refered to as a 192. sorry frank. but i really did
find it an entertaining read.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts