Re: [AMC-list] progress...

Yep, not only are the small American trunks double walled, but it looks like someone stuck the inner walls in hot and blew them in to fill most available space! One thing I really liked about them. I've got a motorcycle gas tank all patched up with JB Weld! Make sure it's FRESH, not the tube you bought and used some of six months or more ago. I made that mistake once! It was about a year old, but didn't hold up. Fresh will. JBW *should* hold inside the tank, but what I'd do is rivet the baffle in place then seal the rivets with JBW. Or solder over them. Sand the area lightly before drilling for rivets so the area really close to the rivet head will be roughed up a little for the JBW or solder. Heck, self drilling screws will work as well as rivets, just have a little bit of head sticking up. I won't type the joke that came to mind...
-----------
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 14:34:12 +0000 (UTC)
From: Wrambler <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I never knew they double walled the trunk side in the pre 64's before.

Has anyone worked with JB weld INSIDE a fuel tank?
I did a quick mockup of a baffle in elrusto tanko.
JB weld states it can be used to repair tanks.I'd think they would not state that due to liability if it is not indeed stable when in contact with fuel?
So, I'm wondering if I get the inside of the tank clean/clean and more clean.
Can I JB weld the baffle to the tank floor and expect it to stay there?

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts