To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 8:19 PM
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] progress...

I had the same problem with the spare not fitting the spare wheel well in the trunk, but a better solution. Get the temp spare from a Jeep Cherokee or a Ford full size car -- Crown Vic or one of the Lincolns. Fits the well better than the original spare and weighs less. I use one of those in my Rambler now. Only had to use it once! Finished the trip home (a couple hours) then took the tire the next day and had it fixed. I forget why I couldn't get it fixed right away -- either late afternoon or a Sunday, most likely.