Re: [AMC-list] Fwd: Nash 234.8 OHV six

Could you imagine one mounted transverse? Maybe in a Humvee? ;)

From: Wrambler <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: amc-list <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] Fwd:  Nash 234.8 OHV six

Indeed, very cool.
That's probably why they had to stop making the straight 8, made the hoods too long :)

Somewhere in my dad's story he always mentioned how smooth the straight 8's ran.
Said they would sit and idle with a glass of water on the engine and the surface of the water would not even vibrate.

Those engines would have been better fit under a COE or Jeep F170 type cabover.
Would not have required the mile long hood.

Can you imagine them trying to get a straight 8 through crash tests, now?

Mark Price