[AMC-list] Aluminum 195.6 Throttle Linkage

[AMC-list] Aluminum 195.6 Throttle Linkage

I picked up the free 1963 Rambler Classic that was posted on here a few
months ago.  Corrosion hit the motor, and there was a hole in the water
jacket of the 196.5 motor, the person who gave me the car thought it was a
freeze plug gone bad and started to tear the motor apart to find the hole in
the jacket.  I bought the Drive train that some one mentioned was on
craigslist in Ojai (i got it for $275).  The motor that came with the car is
a 1bbl, the one with the Ojai motor is a 2bbl.  I know the 1bbl needs to be
rebuilt (frozen) and was told the 2bbl doesn't work well.  Anyways my
problem comes to the linkage.  I don't have all of it.  I have the piece
that mounts to the firewall, and the bracket with the rods connected by a
rag joint that connects to the carb.  However that bracket with the rods/rag
joint is too long.  Should i just cut the rod down to length?  I'm also
missing the rod that goes from the accelerator pedal to the assembly mounted
to the firewall.