[AMC-list] More Electrical

More in my continuing saga of restoration of my 70 AMX.  Just got my gauges back from the shop, all gauges (temp/fuel) all lights, circuit board etc. have been checked and verified to be working.  New fuel sending unit installed a couple of years ago.  The sending unit is grounded to clean bare metal.  I thought I put in a new temp sending unit but am not 100% sure.  When I put a check light on the temp sending unit wire and on the fuel sending unit wire, the check light lights up indicating power through the harness to the connectors, but the test light blinks like a signal light!  It would appear as if I did something wrong somewhere along the way.  Have any of you run into this?  Help!!!!

Jim