From: amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Wrambler
Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2010 8:58 PM
To: Rambler AMC, Nash, Jeep and family
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] 1989 Jeep sports truck S.W.B. 4X4 questions

Frank,  You missed the trick in that 4X$ setup.
The front axle collar is a tight fit. You need to lock the 4x4 in before you
even have a hint of getting stuck. We would tell people to put it
in 4 wheel as soon as the encountered anything where they thought it may
be needed, takes a few feet of all four wheels rolling to get the collar
lined up and slid over to lock the axle together. They stay engaged once it
engages. But are impossible to engage once spinning or stuck.
  You can lock the front axle in with nothing more than a hose clamp.
just clamp the rod actuator to hold the fork in the engaged position.
   You can still take the case in and out of 2wd.

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.