Re: [AMC-list] hose & fittings for main oil supply

Joe wrote:

> If you google "NASCAR oil line fittings" a lot of auctions for steel
> braided line show up with AN fittings.

It's a real pain, because I have differing hole (NPT) sizes in the various
components, from 1/4" NPT (main gallery feed) to 1/2" NPT on the filter
adapter. It's just the environment I'm working in, not ideal. AN and other
flare fittings never jump more than one size. It's complicated by the fact
that AN or JIC then involves *two* measurement systems -- pipe thread (NPT)
and flare. I've been juggling them for weeks.

If I get decent hose from summit, I can mix'n'match 1/4" NPT and 3/8" NPT
hose barbs, and two reducing adapters for the filter. And with hose I can
use straight connectors for all (except the pump which is 90). 90's REALLY
hurt flow. Everything is correct- or slightly-oversized. I'm leaning towards
hose. If I route it and clamp it against vibration and stupidity I'm hoping
it will be OK.

> I know your not building a Hendricks Motorsports Rambler but can't you
> adapt your connections to AN spec fittings?

Maybe not, but a popped main oil line hurts little Ramblers too! Not a place
for RM!

Hose, tubing and pipe fittings are a maze of twisted passages, all
different.