[AMC-list] FMX

>That's only a RUMOR Anrew, no one has EVER confirmed that an FMX will
interchange with a M-1x or M-4x tranny. Internally they share some parts,
and many rebuild kit makers merge the BW trannys with the FMX and earlier
Ford models that were based on the BW design. They just include a few
extra gaskets, mainly for the valve body. I wish someone would confirm
for sure if an FMX will bolt onto a BW bell and the converter will either
interchange or the BW converter will work on the FMX! That would make
replacements a bit easier, even if a custom driveshaft were needed. Many
assume the BW is a Ford transmission because of the kits, they don't
realize that the Ford is actually a BW transmission!>

  Not a rumor. Back in the 70's when I raced the Go-Jo Racing Team "Were
Gone" 69 SC/Rambler, we put a FMX tranny in it because I was tired of
losing once in awhile because I missed a shift plus it was harder to deep
stage with a 4-spd. back then. I can't quite remember exactly what we had
to do to install it but I will try to find out if I have a record of it
someplace and then let you all know.

Jock Jocewicz - President/Editor NAMDRA  namdra1@xxxxxxx or
NAMDRA@xxxxxxxx
8537 Antioch Rd., Salem, WI 53168  (262) 843-4326
                 JOIN NAMDRA - the best AMC club around!!
32nd.  AMC NATIONALS - SEP. 9-11, 2010 - Cordova Dragway Park, Cordova,
IL
AMO#19, NAMDRA#46, AMCRC#974, NHRA#41915, IHRA#6766