Re: [AMC-list] Swapping out fuel sending unit - where do you connect gro

Re: [AMC-list] Swapping out fuel sending unit - where do you connect ground?

That must have been one of the longest fuel sending unit jobs done!

Thursday during lunch break I jacked it up and put it on jack stands.

Friday during lunch I pulled the fuel line and let the fuel drain into
a plastic gas can.

Friday after work and before frying up catfish for dinner I pulled the
old sending unit and put the new one on (with new filter and new
gasket).

Saturday after my morning Costco meat, dairy and produce run I drilled
a small hole for the self-tapping sheet metal screw - then attached
the ground wire and the fuel line.

After my Saturday afternoon Publix run for the smaller stuff (some
things you just don't want in bulk, no matter what!) - I lowered the
car, put fuel back in the tank and connected the battery cables.
Checked the fuel gauge - and it read about an eigth!

I then headed to the gas station with the clean two gallon container
and picked up more fuel. Put it in the Rambler. Checked the gauge -
and it was higher! Then I started it up and idled it for a while
before backing it up and hosing off the top of the driveway.

I should have rerun that yellow wire - Russ - you are right. That's in
a bad spot, and I'll probably hit it when doing a Costco run or a
camping trip. I need to move up getting a trunk mat or something just
to get that wire covered up.