Re: [AMC-list] part numbers

Greg DePratt <gdepratt@xxxxxxxxx> said:

>Okay I went to Autozone and O'reilly's looking for a few parts for the 68
>Javelin today.  I was really surprised to find that they didn't have ANY of
>the parts I was looking for.....or the computer didn't have the right part
>numbers anyways...All I was looking for was a brake rebuild kit for Bendix
>calipers and brake pads!  I was also looking for a couple of other parts
>that I thought the might have but wasn't surprised on those.....but brake
>pads??? Anybody have any part numbers that I can tell them?
>
>I do have all the catalogs to get the parts, but I do try and buy local
>first...if I can....

Assuming your brake pads are the OEM nonvented rotors, I'm not surprised.  Going from memory, the front pads were everyone's # D18.  Raybestos, Bandix, Wagner, etc -- all listed D18.  Wagner later changed its number to # 731.

As for kit parts, an ancient Raybestos catalog I have lists only the piston -- # 85006 (calipers if they're OEM should all be 2").

An ancient Wagnr book does list some rebuild stuff:

Pads:   731
Wheel cyl kit   F71671
Piston          F76012
Hose            F55979
MC              F73333
MC Rebuild kit  F71612

All of the majors long ago stopped making any parts for those brakes.

-- Marc