Re: [AMC-list] paint job

I have had generally good results with Maaco. Here in Oregon there is a local branch that does a Hudson collectors cars. When I took in my Nash some years ago the guy took me back into the "special" area to show me one of his cars. Now these cars are not left there for a point and shoot, but rather the shop employed a really good painter who charged a premium price and took his time in between cranking out the masses.
I saw the car and it was coming along real nice. I talked to the owner and he said he gets a top notch job for half the price by taking it there, and has been doing so for years.
This same shop churns out your used car lot paint jobs, too.
So what I am saying is talk to the manager, tell him what you are after and if you don't like the results, say so at the time. Most bad blood with paint jobs come with the owner taking a car, bitching about it after wards and letting the pain chew him up. Work with the shop, have some feedback when you pick it up and good luck.
Yes, I have had bad luck at that shop when they screwed up my Rogue, but they agreed to make it right and they did.....Russ