Re: [AMC-list] paint job

One last thing, then I'm going to bed. Take all the hard to find stuff, such as that primo AMX bumper or spotless '64 Ambassador mirrors, and keep it home. These shops sometime employ maskers or sanders who follow Ebay and they know what a 70 AMX grill is worth. It's easier to just keep it home than to fight with the shop after the part is lost.
When I drove my AMX to the shop, I have had about a dozen cars painted at this shop, I kept just enough on the car to make it safe and legal. I spent 10 minutes in the lot taking off the remainder and it went in my chase car.
Then I took pictures of the car, with the morning paper sitting on the hood, before turning it over.
I trust the shop, but I'm just sayin'......Russ