Re: [AMC-list] 258/242 questions

Thanks all. The rods are marked for 1-2-3 etc but some markings are light so I took a scribe and hilited the markings. The thrust bearings are what I meant but I had a hydro lock and couldn't remember the term. Thanks.
By the way, I have always used this method for lubing a new engine and it hasn't failed me yet. It even works to pre-load new lifters, non adjustable of course; During assembly use liberal assembly lube. Once the crank and pistons, the complete short block assy, is together hook up a cut down distributor to the oil pump and turn the pump to start pumping oil. Every now and then turn the crank via the bog ol' bolt. Every time you hook up a major engine piece, such as heads, rockers, intake, etc, you turn the crank and pump. Once the rocker and push rod assy is together you should start seeing oil running its course.
The last time I did this was the 304 on my Pacer and on its first fire up it ran good and true.....Russ