---------------
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 18:41:55 -0800 (PST)
From: russ hathaway <russh97309@xxxxxxxxx>

I have a couple of questions on putting a 258 bottom into a 4.0 Jeep.
I have a 75 '258 and pulled the bottom. I will yank the slugs off the rods and I already have the 4.o pistons. What wrist pin do I use, or does it matter?
The crank nestled right down on the bearings nicely and I plastigauged everything, looks good. The Jeep main caps don't have an arrow on them to point north, but they do have a little bump on one side of the cap, is this the foreward locating indicator instead of arrows, like AMC has done forever.
Lastly, is the number three cap the "stress" cap like the 238 (sorry, I can't remember the proper term for it right now, I just got off work and it was one of those days when everything went wrong in the shop). The one main has an imprint of a "stress" bearing but I stripped this engine about 2 years ago and never got around to it.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts