Re: [AMC-list] question for more

if your going to try this.
I'd use either a very, very light coat of 3 in 1 oil or no oil on the bores at all.
You want the rings to seat into the bores and the less oil on the face, the quicker they will seat.

Avoid any HD oil on the rings for break in.
Heck, you may want to run either Non detergent or
get some of break in specific oil that is now available.

Since you are also going to have at least new lifters.
You want lots of zinc in the mix during break in.

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.