Re: [AMC-list] Electrical Problem II

Find the yellow wire in the trunk (I think it's always yellow) or in the
front of the gas tank, or pull it carefully off the tank itself, and ground
it (to clean bare metal, a shortage of that under the car!) That should make
the dash fuel gauge read FULL.

* If it does, then the tank sender or wiring is the problem. Or the tank is
not grounded.

* If it does not, then the problem is upstream of that wire -- the gauge
itself? Notes on the PC board not right?

* If the temperature guage does not work also, it's likely the voltrage
regulator which is built into one of the gauges (some temp, some fuel,
depends on car model and year).