Re: [AMC-list] Electrical Problem II

A sure cause of a non functional gauge is a epoxy/renovated tank.
The epoxy coating stops the tank from grounding to the body.

   I know a wire for ground was added to the senders around 68-67.  My brothers Marlin tank needed a ground wire added after restore did his. My 68&69 senders have ground leads in place. But rodents like to chew off under coat and often the wires it is sprayed on.

  Check for the temp gauge operation as if it is out the chances are the voltage regulator in the fuel gauge is toast.

   Tom shows how to wire in a radio shack regulator on his site. www.wps.com. You need to add a heat sink unless you mount it to a thin metal surface.