Re: [AMC-list] Gotta get off the pot!

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 12:13, Bruce Griffis <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> The coolant hiss is just from the around the top of the radiator.

OK, whew! JB weld likely won't hold on a radiator (though an on-the-road
leaking inlet neck JB Weld fix stayed fixed for two years!) unless you can
get it absolutely spotless. If it's from corrosion eating the metal through
there's no fix for it and it will only get worse. Just a seam leak though,
that's easily fixed.

I was gonna replace the 8? 12? year old radiator in my Classic but when I
brought it to the radiator shop (I don't know how that guy stays in
business) he said it just needed the top resoldered and rodding out. He was
right; the car cools better, and no more JB Weld!

I forget the cost, it wasn't too cheap, $100 range, but cheaper than a new
radiator, as 'as good as new'.