Re: [AMC-list] Pie In The Sky

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 13:22, Marc Montoni <Freedom@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

He swears I can make money on every part at the prices he's asking.

That is maddening. It's the magic of Stuff. I learned some time ago stuff
has no value -- none of it -- unless someone wants it, which usually means
money. It's the wanting that has value, not the Stuff. Some people like that
guy think the Stuff, itself, *is* value, like all by itself, when it's
just... stuff. A '57 Chevy rusted to dust in the back yard -- my retirement!

The above happened in 2007.  Fast forward to this year.  He contacts me
> again.  He still wants me to buy them at his prices.
>
> Here's the rub: He hasn't sold any, himself.

And he'll throw it all out later just to prove... you wrong?!

(Because otherwise he'd have to admit he was wrong, all this time, about the
value of his Stuff.)