Re: [AMC-list] Pie In The Sky

I have been there.  I have bought bulk lots of parts off of Ebay when people didn't know what they had and I've doubled or tripled my money.  But I have also been (and am now) stuck with some slow selling parts.
I am a parts freak so I get a kick out of doing this and  have made some money to support my hobby.

NORS lenses as far as I know are crap.  You want AMC/Nash parts.  The NORS lenses are not as vivid in color as the factory parts.

My last purchase was a $500+ dollar batch of lenses and speedometers from a defunct dealership in PA.  The parts had been stored in an attic for years and were being sold by the previous owners daughter.  The batch included some fairly rare Renault lenses for R8s, R10s, American Dauphines and a couple of Caravelle lenses.  A guy in France paid good money for many of the lenses and advised me about the correct application for several of the others.   I think I have one Caravelle parking light lense left.

Oh there was one 71 Javelin reverse light lense in the lot with the gasket, screws and center medallion which sold for aobut $300.

I still have several AMBO/Rebel reverse light fixtures  andlenses, many old pre-1958 Rambler American lenses, and some old Nash stuff out of that lot.  One of the Rambler parts vendors helped me price them and bought some of the rare stuff that would sell. He told the much of the rest was worthless, but I run occasional auctions on Ebay and there is sporadic interest.

Marc, you should inquire about the shocks.  Early Rambler American FRONT shocks are scarce I understand.  Most of the other AMC shocks I think are available at your local NAPA.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA

P.S. Hey Jay, I have an NOS 62 Classic (with reverse light) lens if you want it, contact me.