Re: [AMC-list] air shocks

Curiously, I have read similar information on this list before, and seen the
damage done by air shocks that were run "tight" all the time. Broken/torn
upper trunk floor. The white Javelin has had air shocks on it since the
early 70s. I used to haul my 100 lb. tool box in the back sometimes. Even
took it with me to Florida and Arizona and back to MN. Probably 5000 plus
miles. So far, knock on my wooden head, the upper mounts are fine. I do run
very low pressure in them now. But, and here's the curious part, the right
rear lower spring mount that the shock bolts to on the white Javelin broke
right at the bend. It appeared to have been cracked for years and finally
let loose last summer. I welded it back together and cleaned it up so it
appears undamaged again. Just the opposite of what all others say happens,
occurred with the white Javelin. So when you are checking the upper mount
areas for damage, don't forget to look at the bottom ones too.
Armand