Re: [AMC-list] full flow oil pump hacking

Re: [AMC-list] full flow oil pump hacking

It sucks from the hole between the gears. The "old" pump pushes the oil out
the hole off to one side, into the block gallery. The 65 pump (with filter)
outputs to the cover, on the other side from the "old" pump, to the filter
then back down a passage way into the block.

Ideally the pump would output to a hole symmetrically opposite the intake,
but it's not practical. It's worse on the 65 pump; the casting on the let
side is elongated to allow the oil to reach the top.

The hack I'm thinking will put the outlet in the "correct" place, in between
the two gears but on the cover end.

I gotta do this quick as the short block is assembling now. I'll take better
pictures soon.

I wish I had an E-stick pump! Hard to find though. Galvin's has the
housings, but not the gears, and I'd want a whole one to see what oddities
pop up.