Re: [AMC-list] I know why 195.6 ohv heads need re-torquing

Re: [AMC-list] I know why 195.6 ohv heads need re-torquing

Well Mr. Thermal Expansion, you have ruined my thoughts of nice drives to work this spring with my 195.6. 5.8 microinches per inch indeed.  Now I'll lie awake nights worrying about how those little thermal gremlins (excuse the word) are working to release the torgue on my head bolts every time I drive.  Maybe I'll get a sign made for the back of my car that says:  Caution, the vehicle makes frequent stops to torque the headbolts."

Seriously, you know I might investigate getting a copper head gasket made.  I understand that it is common in the old equipment world (like gasoline powered Caterpillar equipment) to have head gaskets custom made because there ain't no factory gaskets no more.

Joe Fulton
Perplexed in Salinas, CA