Re: [AMC-list] 232 in an early American

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 15:15, Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey, I just had a great idea! Get the water pump from an old Nash L-head...

Can't be easy to find though! I think the serp belt pumps are the way to go,
since the issue with the older ones is that the pump shaft is so long
because they stuck the cooling fan on the end of it. With factory electric
fan the serp pump wouldn't have to stick out much further than the damper
and that's good enough. 'parts from NAPA' is a good thing!

Clever though. The Nash type pump could be belt driven off the alternator
belt...