Re: [AMC-list] 232 in an early American

Hey, I just had a great idea! Get the water pump from an old Nash L-head... any 40-56 (or 56 Rambler 195.6 OHV). They had hte water pump on the side driven by an extension shaft from the rear of the generator. Rig a direct drive electric motor or a pulley and motor to it. The block might not be thick enough on the side to drill and tap for bolts to hold it on though. The pump would be mounted over a freeze plug on the left side nearest the center of the block. Hmmm.... scratch that idea! You'd have to have custom headers to clear the pump then. But might work for the Navarro motor, which has the exhaust going up to the turbo anyway.
---------
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 20:41:19 +0000
From: wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx

On the remote water pump. There is a guy building a land speed Comanche on Jeepstrokers.com. He is half filling the block with hard block and will be or is using a remote water pump due to the fact a stock pump will no long work. Maybe check to see where he is at in his project?
--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts