Re: [AMC-list] 232 in an early American

The bugatti watchamacallit has 11 heat exchangers IIRC. You can put them anywhere there is air flow...

-----Original Message-----
From: "Armand Eshleman" <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 08:44:39
To: AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] 232 in an early American

Tom,
You're idea doesn't sound bad at all. I was at a local body shop the other
day and saw the front of an Audi car that was tore apart. It had a V-8 in it
and THREE radiators. The two supplementals were along either side of the
primary radiator. Sort of in front of the wheels. I thought is was rather
interesting that Audi engineered this setup. One of the guys at the shop
made some comment about Audi having a bunch of heat exchangers laying around
that they didn't know what to do with so they figured out a way to put them
in this car to get rid of them.........
I had a Lola Formula Ford that had two radiators, but they were hooked up
wrong, in series not in parallel. So if you do the swap and install two
smaller radiators in the fenders, hook them up in parallel with equal length
and size piping/hoses.
Armand