Re: [AMC-list] Carter WCD base pattern

" From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" Anyone know if it's compatible with anything else? Not sure how to figure
" this out.

i -think- it's the standard american 'small 2bbl' base, same as the
bbd, various rochesters, and the holley 2280, at least.  iirc the 'big
2bbl' base is used only by the big holley 2bbls, though there are some
big rochesters [2bbl 455s!] too.

" The only other decent carb (of this small size) I know of is the Weber. The
" 32/36 is too big for this little motor, maybe the 32/32 would be better (eg.
" 32/32 DGEV). They don't seem common.

the rochester used on the chevy 2.8 is a vac progressive.  i think
there's both vac and mech progressive webers, but they all have some
sort of metric base which needs a [readily available] adapter.

don't all webers have replaceable venturii?  put smaller ones in and
no carb is too big!