Re: [AMC-list] Question about 71 amx dash lights ???

Re: [AMC-list] Question about 71 amx dash lights ???

My Jav (an SST) came with the standard gauges and an extra AMX gauge set in the trunk. I installed the AMX gauges and in doing so I am pretty certain that I had to disconnect the oil sender to install the one for the oil pressure gauge (it's been a few years). So I would say the oil light is dead.
As for the alternator light. I chose to use it and not connect the wiring for the ammeter because of the big hot wire that you have to run for it (didn't seem real safe to me). I don't believe you would have to disconnect the alt light to run the ammeter gauge though. From the factory it probably is inactive.

Neil Shaw
'72 Javelin SST w/AMX stuff on it