[AMC-list] American sychro transmissons

Hi guys; I haven't posted in awhile, but I do keep reading.

I have a question I need to post to the collective.  I had thought that on Americans (I'm talking '66-'69, in this case a '68), that when you had a 3 speed manual behind a 199, that it was always a T96 non-synchro 1st gear version.

I have run across a '68 with the 199/3 sp (non OD) - not local - and the owner claims it has full synchromesh  in all gears.  Is that possible from the factory?  Could some of you educate me some on this?

Thanks again,

Jim Boone
Mims, FL