[AMC-list] old year's end!

... New Year's Eve day I drove my '63 Classic wagon 60mph on General
Patton's WWII airstrip in the Mojave Desert.

 I did a quick road trip to the Mojave on Wed/Thurs (30/31), and spent the
night on the old Camp Essex Army Airfield. Patton trained 1,000,000 men out
there in the first half of the war, then the whole place was abandoned.
Nothing's left but this airstrip and a half million gallon water tank some
miles away (didn't visit that yet). Zero buildings; nothing left. I suspect
it was all tents etc.

The airstrip is HUGE, you can see it on Google Earth (about 1/3 up Goff Road
from Essex, or 5 mi. or so S. of Interstate 40 at Fenner). It's got dual
runways and six deployment pads at each end, looks like a huge virus
particle.

It'll take me a while to process the pictures and video.