From: Matt Haas <mhaas@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 16:17:36
To: AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] fuelgage-tempgage stopped woking

When both stop working at the same time, that's usually a sign that
voltage regulator is shot. The factory fix is to replace the fuel gauge
but those can be hard to find. You may be able to replace the mechanical
voltage regulator with a solid state version but I'm not aware of anyone
who has done this to this type of regulator. Tom Jennings has a page at
http://wps.com//AMC/dashreg/index.html that describes what he did for a
car that has it as part of the circuit board.

Another alternative is to check with places that repair gauges and see
if they can fix yours. AMC used Stewart Warner gauges so hopefully, the
guts aren't all that much of an oddball.

Matt

On 1/1/2010 3:47 PM, elane elias spouted this sage advice:

> Hello: The gas and temp gage on my rambler scrambler recently stopped working. Tests show no problem with the circuit board, fusel panel and the gages. The voltage regulator is part of the fuel gage sending unit and also controls the temp gage. Any idea if some  other  component could cause the problem?  All the grounds tested good.
>
>                               Regards,Sheldon
>

> Rmany blessings

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH