From: Todd Tomason <jayscore@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 07:59:26
To: AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Compressor size for touch-up paint?

There's an old saying about always buying as much compressor as you can
possibly afford.  Once you have the compressor, you'll start buying air
tools and wish you had more air.  Any thoughts of eventually adding a blast
cabinet?  I would recommend a 5hp 220V unit with a 100% duty cycle and a 60
or 80 gallon tank.  It should be able to deliver around 15 CFM.  Look at the
Ingersol Rand units that Northern Tool carries.  You should be able to get a
new one for around $1000.  (Make sure it's single phase.  You don't want
three-phase.)

A new compressor has been on my wish list for about five years.  Maybe one
of these days I'll have the extra money.  The other fun part would be
getting it home and into the shop, which sits on the back side of my
property.  My old one is about forty years old and puts out about 3 CFM.  It
came with the house, but I had to replace the motor.

Todd