--------------
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 10:53:57 -0800
From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

in AMC #13:

I'd heard that from some of the Navarro people: Navarro 'lent' one of his
turbo-ramblers to Breedlove for Bonneville. So apparently that's true.

There were TWO different turbo sixes:

* stock block, single turbo, 500 - 550 hp. Originally had a huge 5" Dellorto
carburetor, then shortly the Hillborn mech. FI.

* modified block, twin turbo, 700 - 750 hp, mechanical FI.
The major mod for this block was four bolt mains. Even the "stock" block had
mods to oiling, etc.

I've got one of the single turbo, stock two-bolt mains block. It is 182ci.

I can't figure out where or how to read the rules for Indy in those years
(67, 68, 69): for whatever class #50 was in, what were the displacement
limits?  I always assumed that the 182ci was for the Indy rules, but it
would be interesting if the motor I had was for the Bonneville car.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts