Re: [AMC-list] ATTN 78 Concord AMX and 78 Gremlin GT Owners

Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx> said:

>These will fit other Hornet/Concord/Gremlin/Spirit bodies also, right?

I'm absolutely for sure the wheel flares will fit 78 & up.  The Concord (and Eagle, and Spirit) changed little sheetmetal-wise, until the end in 1988.

I'm reasonably certain they will also fit all Gremlins & Hornets back to 1973 when the hatchback Hornet was introduced; and I don't think it makes any difference whether the car is a hatch, sedan, or wagon.  Looking at photos of the earlier bodies (70-72), it sure looks to me like the wheel arches follow the same profile.  Ergo, I have little doubt the ground FX kit for a 78 Concord AMX would also fit a 70 Hornet or an 88 Eagle.

Now the front spoiler is probably a different story.  The 5-MPH bumper standard that went into effect in 1973 probably changed the front valence somewhat; and the 77 Gremlin/78 Corncob new front end treatment probably means the spoiler will need some extra bracketry or alteration to make it work in pre-77 Gremlins and pre-78 Hornets.  But I'm not sure.  I don't have a spoiler on a car to look at so I can't see where they mount.  If they mounted to the radiator support, I'd bet it would work just fine without doing anything special.

C'mon, I know there's a few owners out there somewhere who want to get a spoiler package.  Speak up!  Broke HS grad ricers pay between $500 and $3500 for ground FX packages for their rides.  Most of us are in our prime earning years; I would think we could make an investment in this without too much pain.

-- Marc

>-------------
>From: Marc Montoni <Freedom@xxxxxxxx>
>To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>I'm trying to guage interest in having a set of spoilers made for the 78 Concord AMX and 78 Gremlin GT.
>
>The manufacturer http://www.bodykits.org/custom.html needs 10 pre-orders at $675 for tooling (they will also charge for freight).
>
>Those of you with these cars who want a set of NEW flares & front chin spoiler, please let me know right away.  No money now, this is just the interest stage.  If you don't have the ability to buy, though, it would probably be better to not sign up.  I am looking for people who can go in with me on the buy, so this is serious.
>
>They will also need one car to make the mold from, in California (ROAD TRIPPPPPP!!!!).  Supplier of the donor-mobile gets a free kit.
>
>Please reply directly to me at:
>
>        <mailto:Rambler@xxxxxxxxx?Subject=AMX-GT-GroundFX>

MARC MONTONI
Richmond VA
http://FreeVirginia.blogspot.com/
Freedom.  Responsibility.  www.LP.org
Cu vi parolas Esperanton?
I'd rather push a Rambler than drive a Toyota.
Visit www.AMCRC.com or www.AMONational.com .
http://RichmondRambler.tripod.com/
http://Hasdrubal.tripod.com/Index.htm