Re: [AMC-list] Parts Cross Refrence

--- On Tue, 12/1/09, Scott Selleh <vnm.venom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Scott Selleh <vnm.venom@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [AMC-list] Parts Cross Refrence
> To: "AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 9:35 PM
> So i picked up the 1963 Classic 770
> that was posted on here back in
> September.  It has the Aluminum six, and i plan on
> pulling the motor this
> month, and getting it the hole in the water jacket welded
> up free when the
> welding class picks up in the spring semester.

That's a die cast aluminum block.  Do you have any experience welding aluminum?   I'm a rank amateur welder but I would think you would have difficulty getting a good bond.

> However... some parts that
> concern me are the windshield has a crack from top to
> bottom in the middle
> of the glass,

I'd start looking for a 63 or 64 Classic or Ambo that's being parted out.  Check craigslist and call the AMC vendors.  Unles you want new glass, then you might want to contact one of the antique glass vendors. PPG has an antique glass subsidiary I think.  I found a used windshield for my 63 Classic wagon so they are out there.

 and the locking gas cap while chrome doesn't
> fill the opening
> in the quarter panel in like the non locking gas cap does.

You might want to contact the AMC vendors and see if they have a locking gas cap that fits properly.

 Another few parts that i want to keep an eye out for would
> be power window
> and possibly AC.

Power tailgate windows are much more common than power windows (in the doors).  Very few AMCs had power windows in 1963.  Again watch craigslist and Ebay.

Joe Fulton