From: "Marc Montoni" <Freedom@xxxxxxxx>
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 10:51 AM
Subject: [AMC-list] LEAD: VENDOR: Late-model Transmission Upgrades

> Now here's an interesting idea....

> http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/pts/1481358032.html
>
> Ford AMC IH -overdrive conversion- - $300 (pdx)
> Date: 2009-11-24, 7:09PM PST
> Reply to: sale-cpefj-1481358032@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> If you are looking for better transmission options for your older truck or
car we may be able to help. We can adapt late model 5 and 6 speed manual
transmissions and 4 speed OD lockup autos to engine's that never had them as
an option by milling the bellhousing off and welding on one to fit the
engine. This option can be less than 1/4 the cost of a gearvendors or
similar overdrive unit, has far superior strength with some of the
transmission options and there is minimal extra wiring, switches or
complication to worry about. A 5 or 6 speed manual or OD automatic is more
straightforward to drive. You don't need to modify anything in your old 3
speed auto steering column to run a dodge OD auto. We can use your old 4
speed shifter and boot on any topshift transmission.

> Transmissions we use (2wd and 4x4)-
> Ford ZF 6 speed close ratio w/granny
> Ford ZF 5 speed wide or close ratio
> Ford M5R2 5 speed
> Dodge A518 46RH and 47RH 4 speed automatics
>
> Engines we commonly adapt to-
> Ford FE 352,360,390,406,410,427,428
> Ford 385 series 370,429,460
> AMC engines
> IH gas engines
>
> We modify and repair aluminum bellhousings as well. Doing a GM-Cummins
conversion? We can tilt your bellhousing 8 degrees opposite of the adapter
plates 8 degree tilt to cancel each other and sit everything straight up.

> Custom work welcomed. Most 2wd applications will need help to make speedo
work.

> FAQ- Q Why don't you use 700R4's or AOD's? A- We don't use them because we
feel they're poor units. Anyone claiming a GM 700R4 or Ford AOD can handle
big power numbers and last a comparitively long time under harsh conditions
is selling something.