[AMC-list] It's in Guatemala!

Hey Guys,
It took a while for them to get down there, but the GW has been in Guatemala now for over a week.

Other than the detonation/spark plug issues in Tennessee, they had to put in a new radiator in Texas. Border customs had them wait 3 days in Texas to run a back ground on the vehicle, to make sure it wasn't stolen (My buddy Tim wasn't driving it down).

In Texas, Greg (the driver ... not me), met up with another buddy and they drove the Waggy and a Toyota Tacoma down together. If they drove the Waggy conservatively, it got better mileage than the Tacoma did.

It cost $900 to import the Waggy into Guatemala ... the customs agents were pulling up Wagonmaster-like pricing to use for their "value" on the "classic vehicle" Waggy ... they were aparently looking for a bribe to get a better "value".

So, it is now in Guatemala and running fine ... it could use a new hood latch cable, though ... does anyone have one?

Sincerely,
Greg Taylor  <><
Rochester Hills, MI
1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer "TRMN8R2"